What To Expect
Upon your arrival at Kulkarni Orthodontics, you will be greeted by our front desk team. They will help you complete any necessary paperwork and then introduce you to one of our orthodontic assistants. An orthodontic assistant will take a panoramic x-ray and some photos of your teeth.
Dr. Lina Kulkarni Politano will then review the x-ray and photos with you, conduct a thorough clinical orthodontic examination and explain all aspects of treatment.
Our treatment coordinator will then summarize the doctor’s findings and treatment plan and review insurance coverage and financial arrangements for orthodontic treatment.
The Purpose of the Initial Examination is to Answer:
- What sort of problem is present, if any?
- When is the proper time to begin treatment?
- What type of treatment is indicated?
- How long will treatment take?
- How much will the treatment cost?
If orthodontic treatment is indicated at this time, an appointment is scheduled to initiate treatment. If time allows, treatment can be initiated at the initial visit.
What is the Cost of the Treatment?
The cost of treatment depends upon the severity of the orthodontic problem. The treatment coordinator will discuss fees and payment options, during the initial exam. We have different payment plans to suit your budget and accept assignment from most insurance plans. We work hard to make orthodontics affordable.
What Does my Investment Include?
Your investment includes:
- Orthodontic records, consist of x-rays, study models, and a personalized growth study workup to determine your treatment objectives.
- Active treatment fee for both early treatment options and complete comprehensive treatment with braces or Invisalign includes all appliances, office visits, and procedures performed in the office. Appliances are durable and should last through the entire treatment period if the patient follows instructions. If appliances require replacement due to loss, breakage, misuse, or failure to eliminate foods that cause damage, we reserve the right to charge an additional replacement fee.
- One set of final retainers for our comprehensive patients is provided upon completion of treatment. There is a replacement fee for each additional retainer that is lost or broken.
What Doesn’t my Investment Include?
- Work performed at other dental offices outside our orthodontic practice.
- If an accident or injury occurs during treatment which results in TMJ (Temporo-Mandibular-Joint) complications, additional orthodontics, orthognathic surgery, etc, a fee adjustment may be required to complete treatment under these unusual circumstances.
Assignment of Benefits
We accept assignment of benefits for most insurance plans. By doing this, the family’s out-of-pocket expense is substantially lower. If we do not accept assignment of benefits from your plan, we will be happy to file claims so that the insured can be reimbursed directly. Should there be any change in your policy before the full payment of the insurance benefit, please contact our office immediately so adjustments may be made to your contract.
It is our goal to see you on time for your appointment. Time is scheduled to complete the necessary procedure, give information about the treatment, and answer any questions you may have. For us to maintain a schedule that runs in a timely manner, we request that patients arrive on time. Your cooperation and consideration with appointments is greatly appreciated!